04 August 2007

Doggie at the doorway


Well before I plunged into the world of Pentax, I had this Nikon Coolpix 5700 prosumer. One of those purchases that was influenced by slick marketing brochures with impressive technical specifications. Not a bad camera image quality wise but it is really a slow camera to operate.

Slow to power up, slow to focus, especially in dim light and that electronic viewfinder is just a case of being too clever. That said, I might use it to take IR pictures as I am told it is a capable camera for infra-red photography. But why am I talking about this particular Nikon? Well the reason it gets mentioned is because I took a nice shot of my pet chihuahua Pepe some while back and in the process of searching for another picture, chanced upon this shot. A little soft but passable. BTW, if ever you need a good watchdog, this breed is it. Not too sociable compared to other breeds and requires quite a bit of attention.

No comments: