02 September 2007

IR Skyscapes

Here's a couple more IR images taken at different locations in Singapore. Taken in between visits to my clients. It was a bright sunny day but I still shot at ISO 1600 in jpeg.


Boon Keng

The noise is apparent, and I've been told is more apparent in IR because as the IR filter cuts out most of the visible spectrum (especially blue), only a portion of the sensor is active to record the image. With a high ISO setting, this exaggerates the noise level. Honestly I can't conclusively verify this bit of info but looking at the results, it's plausible.


Beach Road

I normally don't like grainy pictures, perhaps a carry-over from the time I shot 35mm black and white, but I think it works here. Images taken with the kit lens with R72, all cropped in manual mode. Images processed with a channel swap in Adobe Photoshop and minor tweaks with curves to adjust contrast and exposure.


Collyer Quay

No comments: