10 November 2008

Walkabout with the FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Not too long ago, I had in my possession the DFA 50mm f/2.8 Macro as well as the DFA 100mm f/2.8 Macro lenses. Well these two are fine lenses, I didn't particularly like the build quality. So recently through a mutual swap with a couple of my Pentax friends, I replaced the two lenses for the FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro and FA 135mm f/2.8 telephoto lenses.

Ixora


Fern leaf unfolding


I really like the look and build quality of FA lenses and it complements well with the other FA lenses that I already own. The FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro is a much bigger and heavier lens compared to the newer DFA version. It gives excellent sharpness and colour and offers lifesize magnification without the need for additional extension tubes. The FA macros lack the Quick Shift manual focus override but there however a focus limiter to limit the focusing range for this lens.

Small mushrooms


I really like the images from this lens. Here's a couple of shots taken at the Singapore Botanic Gardens with the K20D. It is a lens I would recommend to all Pentax macro shooters.

Vanda Miss Joachim (Singapore's national flower)

No comments: