26 December 2008

Pentax Photo Outing Macros





We had our monthly Pentax photo outing just before Christmas. Being the last one for the year, it was to be a photo marathon that started in the morning at the Singapore Botanic Gardens and extending all the way to the evening at different locations around Singapore.





Unfortunately I could only join the group during the morning session of this photo blitz and managed to shoot some of these macro images. All images were shot with the Pentax K20D with a FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro either hand held or with my Mamiya carbon fiber monopod. It was a good time to catch up with my fellow Pentax shooters and to learn some of the different shooting tips and techniques used. All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable time.





Here are some small creatures that I managed to shoot. All shots were taken with available light. For the photo of the little frog, Live View proved to be invaluable. I managed to stay clean and dry and more importantly, had I shot normally, I would have cast a shadow on the subject.





No comments: