02 January 2009

Some Macros For The New Year

Took these images at the Singapore Botanic Gardens a some days ago.
I particularly like the backlighting of the flowers from the afternoon sun. The Pentax FA 100mm Macro lens that I used here gives a lovely colour rendition and out of focus bokeh. Although a macro lens, it does well as a telephoto, one of the reasons why I like the versatility offered bymacro lenses. Definitely one of my favourite shots.


K20D FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro

The flower from the common ginger plant is pretty eye catching. It's a big flower and pretty easy to shoot. The shot was taken with my manual focus Sigma 90mm macro, a lens that goes to half life size. A very compact lens and quite hard to find but one I like to use if I want to focus manually.


K20D Sigma 90mm f/2.8 Macro

The family of juvenile grasshoppers feasting on a leaf together isn't a common sight. Puts a new meaning to the phrase "family buffet." Shot straight from camera and post processed with Adobe Photoshop CS4.


K20D FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro

No comments: