11 February 2009

From an early morning walk

Today I grabbed my K20D with my DA 18-55mm II kit lens to shoot some images by the beach at dawn. I spent a productive time there deep in thought and took these images almost by accident, shooting with no defined purpose which ordinarily is not a good thing!


Forest shadows


Coconut and leaf


Boulder at dawn

Opening the images in Adobe Bridge, a few images immediately drew my attention as being ideal in black and white. Post processed the images in Photoshop CS4 in a jiffy. What I can conclude is that even with the lowly kit lens, one can get excellent results with the K20D. The camera's dynamic range was well able to handle the strong side lighting from the morning sun, and I wasn't even shooting in RAW but jpeg. I've been pleasantly surprised by the kit lens as it makes for a very cheap wide angle lens. Just when my mind says to switch to a better performing and more expensive lens the kit lens always comes back with winners and "deliver the goods."


Pointed rock

1 comment:

mistercheah said...

Nice tonality and composition. Sometimes I wonder whether it's the equipment or the photographer and his 'eye'. Big struggle. Anyway, good job.