29 June 2010

Pentax June Outing: Southern Ridges Walk

Well we had a great outing for our Pentax Singapore users. Starting at Hort Park, we had a nice easy walk along the hills of Telok Blangah Hill Park and Mount Faber Park. The weather was perfect and as our visit fell on with the last Saturday of the month, the Butterfly Garden was open for us to shoot butterfly macros.







In all it was a good time of fellowship, light physical workout and the opportunity to shoot a varied range of subjects, from plant and insect macros, flowers and people. Got to try out my new DFA 100m f/2.8 Macro WR. Just lovely bokeh in the flower and butterfly shots. Shots of the millipedes and mushroom were with the DA 35mm Macro Limited.









A portrait lens used for in a non-portrait context. A lotus flower shot with the DA 70mm Limited.



And who says the DA 35mm Macro Limited can't be used for insects? A quick snapshot of pretty fierce ants crowding around a drop of sweet plant sap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel so tempted to get the DA 35mm Ltd back!

And the fish eye is really really interesting lens to have.

Denis_Lim said...

I think it's a keeper of a lens. I've actually wondered why I didn't get it earlier. About the only wish I would have liked with this lens is a slightly faster maximum aperture. But it is so versatile that I can overlook it only being f/2.8.