17 May 2008

Photos from Pentax Meet-up: Part 1

Well today was the day. The long awaited Clubsnap Pentax user meet-up was a huge success with a stellar turnout to date. We came together at the Bugis Junction MRT station where we then took a short walk to our photo-destination, the Arab Street/Kampung Glam area of Singapore.


Photo courtesy of Fengwei (K20D with DA* 16-50mm f/2.8)

This area is one of my favorites because it has a unique mix of quaint shop houses selling textiles and an eclectic mix of small shops. Truly a wealth of photo opportunities: from architecture to street candids and macro amongst others. I have to say I enjoyed myself a lot and the chance to meet up with other Pentax users and familiar friends was definitely a big plus.

Some shots taken with the Pentax K100D Super and the A 50mm f/2.8 Macro, a lovely lens that has found a new owner after today's shoot.


Backlit Leaf


Rope Ornament


Red Chairs


Door Hangers


Fire Hydrant


Little White Flowers


Plant Silhouette


Fern Study

I'll post up more pictures taken with different lenses later. As you can probably tell, I seem to like macro lenses a lot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely captured.. How come I didn't notice these .. :D

Denis_Lim said...

Thanks Bernard.