19 May 2008

Photos from Pentax Meet-up: Part 2

A couple more images that I took using Pentax zooms on my K100D Super. Just the day before I managed to stumble upon a FA 28-200 f/3.5~5.6 from a used computer shop for very little money. So this was a chance to try out this re-badged Tamron superzoom during the photo outing. The lens is fat and stubby and actually reminds me of a small mirror lens. Quite decent overall performance but a little weak at the extreme ends of the focal length.


Mosque Silhouette


Shop Employee


Point & Shoot


Tourist

The other lens that I brought for the shoot was the FA 20-35mm f/4 as I figured I needed something wide. This lens gives very nice colour rendition and is one that I like a lot simply because of its compact size and good optical performance.


Haji Lane Kitty


Double Yellow


Bangles


Fabric Detail

All in all a great outing capped off by some nice biryani rice and fellowship for lunch. Certainly looking forward to the next Pentax outing in the new future.

No comments: