17 June 2008

Rides Up Close


K100D FA 100-300mm

Went through my images and almost forgot that I had taken a couple of snaps of some nice wheels, here a Yamaha bike, a Mini Cooper S and a Toyota MR-S.

I took the image of the bike on a very overcast day outside my place. Just as I walked away I turned around to get a last look and was rewarded with a nice image of the shiny engine in my mind. A couple of steps back and I knew I had the shot I wanted.


K10D DFA 100mm Macro

As I walked back to my car after a party, I was immediately drawn to the shades of fiery red of the Toyota. The white reverse lights stood out as I focused up close.


K100D Super F 35-70mm

This was a chance shot as I was shooting outside a church and had just stopped shooting. The reflected buildings off the shiny bonnet of the Mini adds a sense of perspective to the shot. Perhaps not the best car shot but I like it.

No comments: