20 July 2008

A Good Friend Wins With A Pentax

I'm quite happy that a good friend and fellow Pentax user here in Singapore recently clinched the Singapore Young Photographer Award 2008. Going by the nickname night86mare on the Clubsnap photographic forum, WK is an intelligent and talented young photographer who takes some amazing landscapes, IR and abstract images with his trusty Pentax K100D and ultra-wide lens; though he has recently switched over to the wonderful K20D.


K20D FA 28mm

The fact that he's clinched the top prize and tidy sum of prize money while I can only write about this in my blog speaks volumes of the wealth of talent he has. The Pentax user base here may not be as big as those from other makes but we're a pretty friendly and a close knit bunch, and I'm happy to say we're very happy for our guy. I took the above photo of WK at the National Museum when a few of us decided to catch up with him at the exhibition of the winning entries.

No comments: